Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Last year's valentines!!


I can't believe it's been a year since I made these super cute Valentine's mailboxes (from Target) for my kids and never took a pic and posted it here!! They LOVE them and like to see them in the kitchen to see if they received "mail". I used misc. patterned papers from HL and ribbon from my enormous stash. I colored some chipboard letters to monogram the fronts. I didn't really want to put ribbon on my son's but what the heck. I think it still looks boyish. I have since found some different mailboxes from Dillons after Christmas that are much larger and the flap of the mailbox opens differently (it's attached and pulls down). This year I plan to set their mailboxes out on the kitchen table before we leave on our vacation and when we get home their Valentine's will be waiting!! Of course, I will use my favorite new PTI set Heart Prints for my Valentines this year!! I will post pics of those cards after Valentine's Day.
This cute little 3 1/2 X 3 1/2" card just fits in their mailboxes. I used TAC's Hoppy Everything set. This set is SOO cute and this image was perfect to add "googly eyes". The frog was colored in using watercolor crayons---one of my favorite mediums. The "Love You" sentiment was a GWP stamp from a couple of catty's ago.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Those are so cute, Amy! I have been looking for plain white mailboxes and haven't been able to find any!

Related Posts with Thumbnails