Monday, August 31, 2009

Happy Anniversary!!


Well today was my in-laws 51st wedding anniversary! Last year was the BIG one and they took the whole family on a 7-day Royal Carribean cruise over spring break last year. Anyway, this is the card I made for them this year. It uses PTI products........go figure!! I started with Scarlet Jewel cardstock layered with Lemon Tart. This layer was stamped using the latest polka dot set from PTI....Polka Dot Basics II. Then by stamping the largest flourish over the polka dots. I love the look!! What about those hearts? I dug out Heart Prints and simply punched them out with my heart punch! Did you notice one new thing I used on this card? Hint: in general, it's one of my favorite tools lately. Yep, you guessed it....... a border punch.......specifically......the Upper Crest Fiskars border punch! I finally got my hands on one and boy do I like it! It adds just enough elegance. The sentiment came from Heart Prints too.

Here is a close up and it just shows how I stamped the inside of their card.......with a row of the smaller hearts that are included in Heart Prints too. Had to add some bling to the main heart with rhinestones that PTI is now carrying. I finally broke down and used some dotted Lemon Tart ribbon here too but just a snippet. I have been hoarding that stuff for a while now.
So, what do you think? I would love to read your comments.


Stamps: Heart Prints (PTI), Polka Dot Basics II (PTI), Fancy Flourishes (PTI)
Cardstock: Scarlet Jewell (PTI), Lemon Tart (PTI), Misc. grey
Ink: Scarlet Jewell (PTI), Charcoal Palette
Other: DMC floss, buttons from my stash, Upper Crest Fiskars Border Punch, Corner rounder, Lemon Tart ribbon (PTI), Rhinestones, EK Success heart punch, pop dot


Check out this blog candy!! A CUTTLEBUG!! Check it out!! http://prettypinkposh.blogspot.com/2009/08/cuttlebug-giveaway.html

3 comments:

Cammie said...

This is so pretty! I love the border punch and the row of hearts inside the card. You did a great job of using several PTI sets. I've been trying to convince myself Polka Dot Basics I is sufficient, but I may have to add PD Basics II to my cart.

anya said...

Very pretty! I love your color combination!

Cindy said...

I love this. Gray is making a big comback everywhere and I love seeing it on cards.

Related Posts with Thumbnails