Monday, November 9, 2009

Halloween's over???!!


Well, it's been extremely busy in our house the last couple of weeks.  How about 2 birthdays/parties, 2 Halloween parties at school, kiddo being sick, and then throw in Halloween too?  Whew, so hang on I will be posting pics of just what I've been up to these past few weeks in my "studio" and home.  To start today, here are my kids' Halloween costumes!  Brett is really "into" Legos right now and when we couldn't find a "nice" looking gorilla costume we resorted to making our own LEGO!  It really wasn't that hard......a box, plastic food containers, duck tape, and red spray paint.  (oh, and a little measuring along the way!)  I think it turned out so cute and Brett constantly heard, "Hey look!  He's a LEGO!)  :) 
I couldn't convice Payton to let me make her costume this year and was pretty adament about being a black cat.  We found the ear headband at JoAnn's and the kitty costume at a garage sale for $3.  So, I would say Halloween costumes this year probably didn't exceed $20 if that.


Now here are a couple of Halloween cards that I sent out this year.  I also made different cards for my kids and will post those later.  But here is a start!  This card uses PTI's Boo to You stamp set.  This ghost is sooo easy to cut out and you will see this cute little guy on an upcoming post about my 2009 Halloween treat goodies.  I started out with SU Only Orange cardstock layered with a start stamped panel laid next to a True Black panel embossed with the bat image in clear embossing powder.  How about that spider web border by Martha Stewart?  A few buttons stitched on added just the right touch!


Finally, here is a card that I haven't tried before.  It utilizes the Top Note die from SU as the base.  Using the die this way, makes such a cute size card and more than fits in an A2 envelope.  This little cutie was so simple!  Gotta have polka dots.....we so love them don't we Laurie?  Basically this card was made from my large scrap pile.  The orange base is a Bazzill cardstock scrap and the green horizontal panel is New Leaf color by PTI.  Don't you like the polka dotted ghost as well?  This was done using PTI's Chamomile ink.....subtle but nice. 
Here is another view of this card......I also used that same Chamomile ink to slightly darken the edges of this card.  I didn't mention that I used PTI True Black ink for the polka dots.....wow, what good coverage it has.  And it wipes off my stamps sooo easy.  Well, better get some more laundry done around here.  Till next time..Happy stamping!!
{Ghost card}
Stamps:  Boo to You (PTI), misc. set
Ink:  Versamark, True Black (PTI), Fresh Snow (PTI)
Cardstock:  New Leaf (PTI), True Black (PTI), Only Orange (SU)
Misc: clear embossing powder, Orange Zest buttons (PTI), pop dot, Spider Web border punch (MS)

{Ghost card #2} 
Stamps:  Boo to You (PTI), Polka Dot Basics 2 (PTI), 2009 Halloween Tags (PTI)
Ink:  True Black (PTI)
Cardstock:  orange Bazzill, New Leaf (PTI)
Misc:  Top Note die (SU), pop dot


6 comments:

Aimes said...

Firstly, your kids look super! I LOVE the Lego idea!
Your Halloween cards are so fun! I love what you've created with Boo To You!
Aimes
x

Diane Jaquay said...

Cute cards, and your kids look adorable!!

Laurie said...

Adorable costumes!! I love the lego idea! Might need to remember that one for the future!

And yes to polka dots! That card is adorable! Love the ghost! He is so cute!

Hope all is well! We need to skype soon! Did you get a new cam?

Jennifer Carter said...

Cute costumes!! Great job on the lego! Cute cards too...gotta love those polka dots!! :)

Cammie said...

Your children are so cute! The legos costume is so clever. Hats off to you economical Halloween costumes. The cards are great, too. Love the polka dots and ghost.

Dana said...

Hi Amy, I just hopped over from the PTI forum. Your cards are fabulous! Love the last one with Polka Dots and Boo to You :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails