Thursday, February 25, 2010

February Blog Hop Time!!

It's blog hop time at PTI!!  This month's challenge was all about Design Team
Appreciation Day!  This was a hard task!  I have several people on the design team that I visit their blogs on a regular if not daily basis.  So for today's challenge, I chose Michelle Wooderson and her project here


 Now, I did not make bookmarks but I was inspired by this post and made a card with some of my pattern papers from PTI!!  I really liked that she chose various patterns and adhered them for her bookmarks!
So, without further delay, here is my card for the blog hop! 



It had been awhile since I pulled this paper stack out and had forgotten how pretty they are!
Just several different papers cut into strips and adhered to a Raspberry Fizz base.
The only thing I would change about this card would be the ribbon.......change out the skinny satin for a wide satin but I couldn't find any in my LARGE stash!  Go figure!  :)

{Just Because}
All supplies PTI unless stated.
Stamps:  Damask Designs
Ink:  True Black
Paper:  True Black, Raspberry Fizz, and Raspberry Fizz Mix
Misc:  Paper Posies (Doodlebug Designs), ribbon (HL), scalloped punches (Marvy)

35 comments:

Lea L. said...

Such a pretty card! I love the strips of paper! Great job with the challenge!

♥Lea

Anika said...

Pretty card! I love this idea too!

Kelly Braund said...

Very cute! I love using different paper strips. Love your music, too :) (Rockstar)

resmith said...

Beautiful card! Love the papers you chose.

Gayatri said...

Love your card.That DSP is my fav too. Well Done!

Diane Jaquay said...

Oh I LOVE this Amy! I need to buy that paper pad!

Suzanne said...

so lovely! great job!

Jennifer Carter said...

That's so pretty Amy! I like the ribbon how it is!

Lori said...

Very pretty!!

Marge said...

Beautiful!!!

Shay said...

Pretty, pretty card! The use of color and pattern is bold and beautiful. I can't wait to discover more beauties on your blog later.

Phoenix said...

You did a really good job of combining those patterned paper. Very pretty!

Barb said...

Very pretty, Amy! Love the colors and how you actually used dp instead of just hoarding it :)

Dana said...

Very pretty card and color combo!! This is such a great layout to even use your scraps. TFS!

Michelle said...

I love this color combination! Your card turned out beautiful!

Julie Masse said...

Wonderful idea - what a great card!! :)

Tonya said...

Love your paper strips!

Cammie said...

Such a pretty card! Love all the patterns. What a great tribute to Michelle.

Lizzie Jones said...

I love the look of your paper strips! It's totally a technique I should use more often. Thank you for sharing!

Kelly S. said...

Awesome job layering those pretty paper strips, so fun!

Gail said...

Very cute, may try this one today!

Dana said...

Very clever of you! I love the raspberry paper on your card...yummy!

ashjoy said...

Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog. Your card is darling!

peggysue said...

Very pretty! Is that a gatefold card? Nice layout and design, I don't use raspberry often enough.

honugurl16 said...

Oh, pretty! I love the way you used the raspberry fizz mix.

Terri said...

Nice job,. Love the Raspberry Fizz paper you used too!

*LittleMissT* said...

Love your card, works so well combining those patterned papers!

Meg Sp said...

Very pretty card! I just love the Raspberry Fizz collection! You used it very well!

Ginny said...

love this--i think your patterned paper choice is brilliant.

awesome card :D

Laural-Lee said...

Beautiful job with the paper.

Shiloh said...

very pretty good job

Cathy Weber said...

I have always loved that color combination. This is a really pretty card and I think the black bow is perfect as it is!

Lisa said...

OOOO Love your card!! That raspberry fizz paper is beautiful... i might have to get mine out:)

Kay said...

Very, very pretty! Love that paper. You did a fabulous job with the challenge! ♥♥ Kay

Ingrid Danvers said...

What a lovely card. Great colors.

Related Posts with Thumbnails