Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Stampin' Away!!

Well, my absence from the blog world has been because I had a FANTASTIC weekend of Stampin' Away (that's what I am calling it!!)a with friends Laurie, Barb, Jen, and Brenda!  Barb and I had to travel to get there but we made it even in the convoy of blowing snow!!  I have come home refreshed and inspired from this wonderful time with my friends!  We made some wonderful shoebox projects (which I will show you at a later post) and just had open stamp time! 
I wanted to show you this card I made while there using PTI's Vintage Picnic set.  Since it was so snowy, I just had to make something cheery and springy!!  This card also uses pattern paper which I don't do very often.  This is from the Origins line from Basic Grey.  I fell in love with these colors when I laid eyes on this paper at Archivers a few weeks ago.  I was going for a vintagy (is that a word?) look here.  I just love how this turned out!!  I first put together my background piece of patterned papers.  Then I went to work on that cute basket.  I knew I wanted to paper piece that basket the first time I ever saw that image!  The "lid" and handles are paper pieced separately using scraps of Basic Grey from the background papers.  I'm not sure if you can tell or not but I lightly stamped polka dots in the background using Spring Moss ink.  Then I stamped my daisies over the polka dots.  Using some Copics, I colored the centers of the daisies and the leaves.  After using my Tea Dye Duo inks to outline the edges of the panel, I layered the basket panel on Lemon Tart cardstock.  Finishing this card up, is a punched Apron Lace border flanked with some non-PTI colored buttons with button twine.  Thanks Laurie for the buttons! 
Thanks for stopping by blog!!  Have a great week!

{Happy Birthday}
All supplies PTI unless stated.
Stamps:  Vintage Picnic
Ink:  True Black, Spring Moss, Tea Dye Duo
Paper:  Lemon Tart, Vintage White
Misc:  Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars), buttons, Rustic Cream button twine, Copic markers, Origins paper (Basic Grey)

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Love it! The weekend was fantastic! I am ready for another one! Thanks so much for coming all this way in the snow! :) Your card is fantastic too! :)

Jennifer Carter said...

I LOVE this card! You did such a fabulous job combining the patterned papers and the paper piecing..especially on the handles! Lots of great details!

Shannan said...

The attention to detail in this is amazing! Really nice job!!

Sue in Grapevine said...

This is gorgeous! I plan to CASE it @ the earliest opportunity. I love how you used several, coordinated patterned papers.

Barb said...

This is SO pretty, Amy, and the polka dot background is fab ;) I had a wonderful time with all of you girls, and can't wait for the next get together!

Diane Jaquay said...

I really LOVE this card! The papers are beautiful and the picnic basket is awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails