Tuesday, July 6, 2010

2S4Y sketch

I have been eyeing these sketches for a while now and finally got down to participating in this one!  I really liked this simple sketch and here is my version for 2 Sketches 4 You sketch!!
Used some new goodies one this one.....the Library Ledger paper and my Tea for Two stamp sets/dies. 


I ran a small strip of kraft cardstock through with the woodgrain Impression plate so the teapot looks like it's sitting on the table top!  You can't tell at all but I tried to distress the woodgrain strip with tea dye duo but the ink kept blending into the kraft cardstock!  I guess I will try my dark chocolate ink the next time!


Here is the sketch from 2S4Y.....why don't you come play along? 


Have a great day and thanks for visiting!
{Get Well Soon}
Stamps:  Tea for Two
Paper:  Rustic White, Ocean Tides, Library Ledger paper, Green Tea Leaves
Ink:  Aqua Mist, Dark Chocolate, Tea Dye Duo
Misc:  Eyelet Lace border die, Woodgrain Impression Plate, Tea for Two die, Dark Chocolate button/twine, pop dot

23 comments:

Dana said...

Oh Amy, this just makes me want to relax. Such a soft, subtle card and your "table" is great. I like to use cognac ink for rubbing accross embossed kraft, it works like a charm.

Rhonda said...

Great use of the sketch Amy. Relaxing feel.

Laurie said...

LOVE your take on the sketch Amy! That table top is perfect!

Anika said...

This is perfect, Amy! Love the colors and the combination of patterned papers!

Eva said...

Amy this is an awesome card. Love how you use the woodgrain impression plate to make the table. Lots of great details!

Michele Gross said...

Great card! I love all the little details :)

Alice said...

drooling over your tea for two stamps and die!!! beautiful take on the sketch!! fabulous!

Diane Jaquay said...

LOVE this card Amy, the tea pot looks great sitting on the "table", and your choice of paper/colors works beautifully here! Wonderful take on the sketch!!

Teresa said...

Pretty colors and I love you "table" top!

Gayatri said...

Beautiful take on the sketch! Love the colors you have used, Amy! and the table top is clever idea. Love your card:)

Nerina said...

This is wonderful Amy! Your colours just feel like a good cup of tea is on the way. Relaxing, sincere and gentle! I love your tabletop - such a great and unexpected creative twist!

Barb said...

This is soooooo pretty, Amy! LOVE the colors and the button is the perfect touch :)

Lee said...

Beautiful card and great colours!

Lindsay said...

Great card Amy! I love how the teapot is "sitting on the table."

Michele Kovack said...

I love this card! I love how you embossed the "table!"

Lee Anne said...

This is beautiful! Those colors go perfectly together!

Jen Carter said...

This is gorgeous! I love it so much! The colors are perfect together and I love the button on the tea pot!

Christina said...

This is so soft and pretty! I love the way you used the sketch, and that woodgrain table is brilliant. Lovely job!

cnelson said...

Such a lovely card!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!

Sylvia said...

Such a soft and pretty get well card!

Lisa Voerg said...

Amy, this card is so soothing and pretty. I love how you added the woodgrain kraft for a table. Fantastic.

Ginny Larsen said...

love the 'table,' the colors, and just about everything on this card... GREAT take on the sketch :D

Unknown said...

so elegant and stylish - beautiful
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan

Related Posts with Thumbnails