Friday, July 9, 2010

Practicing Creativity Sketch Challenge and OTWC challenge #15: A Combo

I am here playing along with 2 challenges:  Practicing Creativity Sketch Challenge and the Off the Wall Craftiness Challenge #15.  I wanted to play along with the Practicing Creativity sketches and low and behold the Off the Wall Craftiness challenge this week was color and their sponsor is Practicing Creativity!!  So I had to combine these two challenges! 

My card uses You're Dandy stamp set from Practicing Creativity.....If you know me, I LOVE dandelions!  I look for new images all the time.  I found some really thin cork scraps in my stash and used them here as a mat and border!  I think I will be using me some more cork!! 


Here is Alice's sketch from Courtney's blog that I'm playing along with!




Now the next challenge is from the blog of Kim Wilson called Off the Wall Craftiness and it was to use
teal and tangerine!  These are sooo not my colors but I had to give it a try.....look at her inspiration photo below!!  I see yellows in there too but she clarified that it's "teal and tangerine" on her post and you could add white, cream, or black.  So, to finish my card off, I added some ivory pearls and ivory satin ribbon.
When I look at the inspiration photo, I see beaches and the ocean.......just where I'll be next week as my hubby and I will be off on a trip to Cabo, San Lucas!!  Lots of relaxation!


Why don't you go check out these challenges??  I am having soo much fun with them the past week!!
Have a great weekend! 

{You're Dandy}
Stamps:  You're Dandy (Practicing Creativity)
Paper:  Hawaiian Shores  and Rustic White (PTI),  misc. orange
Ink:  Versamark, Orangerie Palette, Hawaiian Shores and Dark Chocolate (PTI), Tea Dye Duo (PTI)
Misc:  cork paper, ivory satin ribbon (Michaels), pop dots, ivory pearls

22 comments:

Barb said...

Great card, Amy! Layout & colors DO work nicely together... fabulous!

Alice said...

awww..... this is so beautiful!! fantastic take on the sketch!! i LOVE IT!!

Suzanne said...

You did a great job combining these challenges. Beautiful card, Amy!

Eva said...

Oh...I cant wait to play with the sketch...it is a good one. Your card is super. Great color combo.

Keva said...

Amy, this card is great! I just looked at my You're Dandy set last night and thought that I needed to break it out. I really like the colors, too!

Courtney Baker said...

Oh Amy this is just so pretty! Thank you so much for playing along with both challenges Amy!

Kim Wilson said...

So fabulous Amy!!! You did a great job of incorporating both challenges :) Thank you for playing and good luck!

Angela said...

Super cute!

Anonymous said...

Lovely! That eyelet lace border cut from cork looks great!

wendyp said...

Love how you used that starburst stamp to create the background paper! Fabulous!

Laurie said...

LOVE love love it!!! WOW! Great take on both challenges!!

Jen Carter said...

Amy! This is fantastic! LOVE the colors and your take on the sketch! LOVE the dandelions (and their non-traditional colors)!! Way too cute!!

Barbara said...

That's just gorgeous, Amy! Love that color combo and the sketch! You rocked both challenges!

Nerina said...

Love your take on these colours and the sketch! Those dandelions are so much fun - and look gorgeous with this colour combo!

Lee Anne said...

Love those colors together! And that stamp set is great...I should look into it!

Anika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anika said...

Amy, this looks great! I love those colors together and that cork looks very cool!

IamDerby said...

Very pretty... loving the color combos here!

B said...

Oh how pretty! Love the pretty color combo and the stamped bg!

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty! I love the stamped dandelions! Great job with the sketch challenge!!

♥♥♥Lea

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Congrats on your win with Off the Wall Craftiness.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Congrats on your win with Off the Wall Craftiness.

Related Posts with Thumbnails