Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Rainbows and Clouds

I am so excited to finally be able to share this card with you using the newest Rainbow and Cloud dies from
Lil' Inker Designs!  I have the pinwheel die too and LOVE it!  Laura is such a sweetheart......and she ships super fast!  Let's get on with the card!



I went for a more pastel approach with this set.  You have got to check out the stamp set that you get when you order the dies!  The variety of sentiments and that font??  Love it!  Now did you notice that the clouds are perforated for that extra special touch?  I love that.  I have several cloud dies and these by far are my favorite!


Next up, I wanted to stamp some of those clouds to make my own paper.  So I die cut some clouds out of fun foam and stamped away with my Fresh Snow ink!  Even the perforations showed up! 

Now, this next picture has NOTHING to do with cardmaking except it's why I was gone over the weekend and didn't get any stamping done!  My husband works for 94.5 Country and they were the title sponsor of the Country Stampede this year!  Brad Paisley was the headliner Saturday night along with Blake Shelton!  Both were unbelievably awesome!!  Yes, this is a picture my husband took.  We were able to get close to the stage that extended into the crowd and were literally only feet from him!



Now this next picture I took as I got to sit ON stage with Lady Antebellum!!!  What a fun time that was!  It wasn't the best sound sitting up there but to be up close like that while they perform?  Priceless.  They were the headliner for Friday night. 


Well, that's it for me today!  Have a great one!


{Congratulations}
Stamps:  Lil' Inker Designs
Paper:  Spring Rain, Sweet Blush, Lemon Tart, Spring Moss, Lavender Moon, SS White (all PTI), Bitty Dot DP (PTI)
Ink:  True Black, Fresh Snow (all PTI)
Misc:  Fun Foam, Rainbow and Clouds Dies (Lil' Inker Designs), Foam Tape, Misc. Pearls, Little Open Scallop Strip Die (MFT)

19 comments:

Jen Carter said...

First off that picture of Brad is awesome!! SO FUN!!

And the card...well, it was worth the wait!! I was like, HOW IN THE WORLD did she stamp those clouds...fun foam! LOVE it!! So smart!! I really like that you can stamp them going either direction too! Cute, cute card!

Jackie Pedro said...

LOVE your darling card, Amy!!

OH MY WORD....The things I would do if I was that close to Brad Paisley!!! What an awesome seat!!!!

kasia c. said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! How cool to be on stage like that!

You card is awesome! I love the rainbow & cloud dies. The scene you created is just wonderful. :)

Suzanne said...

How fun, Amy!!! Love your pics from the concert!

Your card is adorable! I love that sentiment stamp too. :)

And thanks for the tip about making my own resin flowers...I have been too chicken to try.

Katie said...

Now I remember why I've been avoiding your blog! You ALWAYS show off something I *need* to add to my stamping arsenal. ;) What a cute, cute card! And I love those photos...what a memory to make!

Karen B. said...

Super sweet card and I can just swoon over your picture.

Renee said...

OK...
I know who Brad Paisley is...
if I'm not mistaken he would living about 20-25 minutes away...
as most country stars are...
but my tastes run to Def Leppard...
and 80's hair metal bands :)
But an awesome shot!
I was once that close to David Coverdale (Whitesnake)...
uuggghhh!
That man's wrinkles had their own addresses...
and that was over 20 years ago!
And I absolutely LOVE this card!
That rainbow and clouds...
yummy!!
Thanks for enabling :)

Emily Keaton said...

What a sweet card--it looks like you had a ton of fun with your new dies! And what a fun weekend you had. I think you have a good excuse for slacking off on the stamping . . . :)

Arlene said...

Those are great pictures! Glad to hear you had a a great time. This card is beautiful...love how you created stamps from foam. Beautiful...

Arlene.

Sue Ann said...

LOVE THAT shirt she has on with the deep plunge in the back ........ now that is my style right there!! I know you had a great weekend ...... Of course the card is amazing and soft ...... very soothing on the eyes and makes the heart whisper ........ awwww that is so pretty!!! Have a great day Amy!! xoxo

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Loooove your card, Amy! I have been eyeing these dies for awhile, but I already have so many cloud dies. But, alas, I think I need these too! Sounds like you had a fun weekend!

Lindsay said...

First, I {heart} your adorable card! Those pastels are fabulous! Second, OMG! I seriously adore Brad Paisley and think it is so awesome you got to see him in concert! He does a heck of a show!

Laurie said...

First off you card is adorable!! I love the border at the bottom! NEXT....thank you so much for sharing Brad with me! I loved that you Skyped me so I could see him too! I got to a hear a good chunk of each song every time you called! I totally loved it!! Next year I AM going with you!! LOL!

Jinny Newlin said...

Eeeek! You luck girl, you! What fantastic pictures! And I LOVE your sweet, textured, rainbow card! Also, I left an award for you on my blog today.

Jodi Collins said...

This is GORGEOUS! LOVE your design!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love the pastel rainbow, very pretty card!

Aimes said...

What a super pretty pastel rainbow! I have the pin wheel die too - can't wait to play with it!
Wow! What a fun weekend you had! I love Lady Antebellum - how lucky to share a stage with them!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

Ok, I had a really hard time deciding which picture to focus on: Brad or your beautiful card! Both are gorgeous eye-candy!

Lee Anne said...

Brad is almost as beautiful as your card.

Related Posts with Thumbnails