Sunday, October 13, 2013

Fall and a Birthday!


Is anyone else enjoying the BEAUTIFUL weather?  We sure have with football games, baseball games, and a trip to Gary's Berries (a HUGE pumpkin patch with TONS of fun things to do) this weekend.  However, I've been gearing up for a very fun week here on the blog......a Lil' Inker Designs Release and a few *surprise* blog hops I'm helping with!  So stay tuned!  :)




I have a fun BIRTHDAY card to share using the Stitched Stars Dies from Lil' Inker Designs!  In just over a week, my *baby* will turn EIGHT so I needed a special card for her.  Where has the time gone??  *sniff, sniff*

I just love how a "little bit" of twine really dresses up a card!  I've used Tuxedo Black Timeless Twine......it's just bold and perfect!  I've added dimension with foam adhesive between the star layers and a sequin to the center star.
 
Having a birthday

 
Please join me later tonight for Day 1 previews of the newest Lil' Inker Designs goodies!!
Thanks for sharing a part of your day with me!
 
 

{Look who's having a birthday}
Stamps:  Snarky Sentiments (Lil' Inker Designs)
Paper:  White, True Black, Hibiscus Burst, Lemon Tart (PTI)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Dies:  Stitched Stars Dies (Lil' Inker Designs)
Twine:  Tuxedo Black Twine (Timeless Twine by Bella Creationz)
Misc:  Foam Adhesive, Sequin, Stickles
 
 

13 comments:

Lynn said...

Love the pictures...Peyton's smile says it all! Super fun birthday card too!

Miriam Prantner said...

You two are adorable! I love this fun card, great color choices, the star totally pops!

Leigh Penner said...

Love the photos! And I can totally relate.... I can't believe Sage is nine!
Love your card and the layered stitched stars!

Marybeth said...

Sweet photos Amy! Love the star card! I need to get those dies out and use them. Happy Birthday to your sweet daughter. Yes it goes way too fast!

Marisa said...

Love that stitched star and the family pics are great :) Hugs to you!

Taheerah said...

Pure gorgeousness Amy! I love the colour palette here!!

Laura Pryor said...

Happy birthday, Peyton! Truly an awesome design, Amy!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your layered stars and clean design! Before you know it, your kids will be grown and you'll be joining the empty nesters' club! I miss the days of picking pumpkins, carving them, etc. Guess I'll have to wait for grandchildren - lol!

quilt4fun2 said...

You are so right...a bit of twine does dress the card up. So does the stitching on the stars. Beautiful job on your card.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Sharron said...

Adorable photos, Amy! A very happy birthday to Peyton--love her card!

Wida said...

a super great age appropriate cool card for a darling little girl, well medium girl now :)

Christina said...

I hope your big girl has a very happy birthday! My daughter turned eight this summer, too. Your card is so wonderfully girly and fun! The stitched stars are fabulous.

Kim S said...

Based on the dramatic poses in your picture - those stars are the perfect birthday card!! I love the soft and feminine colors with the black!

Related Posts with Thumbnails